- To chat with D2L Technical Support 24/7 login to our D2L Brightspace environment at https://d2l.ssc.edu.
- From your desktop click on the “Got Questions” widget in the upper right hand corner of the main landing page.
- Click on “Chat with Support” in the lower right-hand side.
- If additional assistance is needed, please do not hesitate to contact the Teaching and Learning Center at email@example.com.
If you have a student that needs access to your course from a previous semester, please contact SSC Online with the course, section, and student information. Ask that the role of “Incomplete Student” be assigned to the student for that particular course.
Please be advised students with the role of “Incomplete Student” will continue to have access to the course until such time that you ask that their role be changed back to “Learner”.
If you had dates on the assignments they need to submit you should be able to assign “View Content that is Not Released” or add a new date for just that student as a Release Condition.
Each voicemail box in the college has a size limit and once that is reached, callers will no longer be able to leave a message.
Voicemails can be deleted in several different ways.
- By signing into your voicemail on your desk phone and deleting all unwanted messages.
- By deleting the voicemail notification email in your Outlook inbox, it will in turn delete the message from your voicemail.
- Using Jabber, you can delete voicemail messages right from the Jabber application.
- By accessing your voicemail box from outside the college and deleting unwanted messages. See steps below.
To log into voicemail from outside the college.
- Dial your own DID number or
- Dial external number 708-225-5800
- Press the * key when voicemail greeting answers
- Enter your ID (extension), then press # key.
- Enter your password, then press the # key.
Also, if you have a department line voicemail box, please make sure that all unwanted voicemail messages are deleted.
Please reach out to Academic Computing with any questions.
This test is only available from off campus, but is available for all employees and students.
A server has been setup on campus to test you can use to test your connect to from home to determine the quality of your Internet connection to access D2L, Bongo, Microsoft Teams, etc.
To get started visit https://southsuburbancollege.speedtestcustom.com, and follow the steps below.
Step 1: Select the down arrow (see highlighted)
Step 2: Type in South Suburban College (see highlighted)
Step 3: Click on South Suburban College (see highlighted)
Step 4: Click on Go (see highlighted) to start the test
Step 5: View Results
For the best experience with video conferencing (Bongo, Microsoft Teams, etc.) or VPN access to South Suburban College, you should have ping less than 100 ms, jitter less than 10 ms, download greater than 6.0 Mbps, and upload greater than 3.0 Mbps.
Please note that these suggested values will be affected by the amount of users that you actively have on your home network. The more devices you have attached to your network at any one time, the less available upload and download bandwidth you will have, and your ping and jitter values will go up as well.
If you find that your network is not performing at the minimum recommendation listed above please contact John McCormack.
If you haven’t yet purchased your access code you can use the 14 Day Free Access option when you register with Pearson.
Be sure you are using Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your web browser.
Be sure to clear your cache: https://support.pearson.com/getsupport/s/article/Deleting-Browser-Cached-Files-and-Cookies
Still having trouble? Open support ticket with Pearson at https://support.pearson.com/getsupport/s/.
Tips for creating a Bongo meeting for an individual student or small group.
Thank you for supporting the Dual Credit Program with South Suburban College and your high school.
We will be using D2L Brightspace this semester as our learning management system (LMS).
Links to D2L Brightspace, Office 365, SSC Self-Service, and Employee email are available in the footer of every www.ssc.edu webpage under the Self-Service heading. You can also bookmark these tools (Example: D2L = https://d2l.ssc.edu/).
Multi-Factor Authentication is now required for SSC cloud-based services like Office 365, and D2L Brightspace. What is MFA and why is it important? Multi-Factor Authentication enhances our cyber security by requiring users to identify themselves by more than a username and password (which can be stolen). MFA requires an additional verification code sent by via email, SMS or to a mobile app (Microsoft Authenticator). You will have a choice of secondary authentication method.
Create or Recover Your Passphrase and Hint
Each instructor will create their own SSC passphrase to use with their network account, as well as, a hint in case the passphrase is forgotten. For security reasons, you will work directly with Network Systems. Please contact Donna Martin at 708-596-2000, extension 2670 to set or recovery your passphrase and hint.
If Donna is not available, please leave a voicemail message with your name, phone number, and the best times to return your call.
Here are some passphrase examples :
|I Have a Master’s From ABC
|My Dog’s Name is Skippy
|can 2 wrongs make a Right
Our system has restrictions on acceptable passphrases. Please adhere to these rules in order for your passphrase to be processed:
• Must be at least 14 characters in length
• Must contain at least one uppercase letter
• Must contain at least one lowercase letter
• Must contain at least one but no more than two numbers
• Must NOT contain a number in the first or last position of the passphrase
• Must NOT contain any special characters
• Must NOT contain any spaces between characters
When are Grades Due?
|Last Date to Submit Registration forms
|Last Date to Drop
|Last Day to enter Attendance Verification
|Last Day to Enter Midterm/Active Pursuit
|*Last Date to Withdraw
|Last Date to Enter Final Grade
How Do I:
If you need help with D2L please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access my SSC email
Visit https://www.office.com/ using your SSC email address as your username regular SSC Network Passphrase to access Outlook through Office 365.
A fully automated proctoring solution integrated with D2L that uses a student’s webcam to record and analyze student exam sessions.
Overview Video / What is Respondus?
Preparing an Exam for Use with Lockdown Browswer & Respondus Monitor
Join Kimberly Marks as she walks us through the process she uses to set up Respondus Monitor and LockDown Browser for her course assessments.
TLC Workshop – April 22, 2021 / Kim Marks shares her experience with Jamie Welling using Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor to proctor her exams online.
Rapid rollout for instructors: https://web.respondus.com/rapid-rollout-instructors/
Weekly training webinars: https://web.respondus.com/webinars/
Guides for Faculty and Students (including information to add to your syllabus): https://web.respondus.com/he/monitor/resources/
Using Respondus Monitor for Pearson MyLab: https://web.respondus.com/pearson-mylab/
Technical Support: https://support.respondus.com/
- Respondus is not compatible with tablets (other then iPads), cell phones or Chromebooks. Our web analytics tell us that 50% of our students are accessing our web resources with one of these devices.
- Students with screen readers and other web accessibility software will also more than likely have compatibility issues.
- Students are required to have a webcam and compatible device for Respondus to work. Workstations have been set up in the computer lab (Fish Bowl) at the South Holland campus and in the Computer Lab at the Oak Forest campus for student use.
Cengage Learning now provides integration with your D2L BrightSpace course. This enables instructors to add Cengage Learning MindTap content to their courses, synchronize scores, and eliminate multiple logins for students.
Live Virtual Video Training / 12-16-2020
Our D2L Subscription training provides you unlimited access to on-demand and live D2L sessions. It allows convenient access anytime, anywhere.
How to Register
- Create a Brightspace Community account at https://community.d2l.com/brightspace. Be sure to use your SSC email address as a part of the account creation process. Please choose the password recovery option to reset the password.
- Check your inbox for an email from Brightspace Community and follow the directions to complete your account setup (check your spam or junk folder if you did not receive an email).
- Log into the Brightspace Community at https://community.brightspace.com/s/.
- Click on Subscription Training in the navigation bar.
Then click Subscription Training (for licensed clients)
- From the playlist drop-down in the upper right hand corner, select “Beginner Learning Environment for HE”. Click on the first module in the blue film strip (Introduction to Learning Environment) to begin.
Feel free to register for other advanced D2L courses after completing the Beginner course.