- Creating a Small Bongo MeetingTips for creating a Bongo meeting for an individual student or small group.
- Information for Dual Credit InstructorsWe will be using D2L Brightspace this semester as our learning management system (LMS). We will no longer being using Moodle. Links to D2L Brightspace, Office 365, SSC Self-Service, and Employee email are available in the footer of every www.ssc.edu webpage under the Self-Service heading. You […]
- Cross-listed Courses in D2LSeeing triple or more? When a course that is cross-listed in Colleague is batched to D2L at least three shells are created. One shell for each of the individual courses (ART-130-003 and then ART-E77-703) and one shell with the courses combined (ART-130-003, ART-E77-703). This process allows […]
- Using Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor to Proctor AssessmentsA fully automated proctoring solution integrated with D2L that uses a student’s webcam to record and analyze student exam sessions. Overview Video / What is Respondus? Preparing an Exam for Use with Lockdown Browswer & Respondus Monitor Resources Rapid rollout for instructors: https://web.respondus.com/rapid-rollout-instructors/ Weekly training webinars: […]
- Integrating Cengage Mindtap with D2LCengage Learning now provides integration with your D2L BrightSpace course. This enables instructors to add Cengage Learning MindTap content to their courses, synchronize scores, and eliminate multiple logins for students. Live Virtual Video Training / 12-16-2020 Resources Instructors Guide for Integration (PDF) Educator Guides Cengage Tech […]
- Entering Final Grades in D2LSTEPS TO ENTER FINAL GRADES As an instructor, it is important that you enter data for each of your students in each of your courses. This information must be submitted to Ellucian Colleague through D2L Brightspace. This data is due on different dates and it MUST […]
- Entering Active Pursuit and Midterms in D2LAs an instructor, it is important that you enter data for each of your students in each of your courses. This information must be submitted to Ellucian Colleague through D2L Brightspace. This data is due on different dates and it MUST BE SUBMITTED ON TIME. Failure […]
- TurnItIn Integration with D2LA comprehensive solution for preventing multiple forms of plagiarism, grading assignments, and safeguarding your institution’s reputation. Live Virtual Video Training – Beginner / 08-14-2020 Live Virtual Video Training – Advanced / 08-14-2020 Resources Guides: Instructor | Student Interpreting Similarity: Guide | Video | Spectrum Sign up […]
- Getting Started with D2L at SSCThis document is a brief summary of some of the starting steps you might consider when developing your first D2L courses.
- D2L Subscription Training / Brightspace CommunityOur D2L Subscription training provides you unlimited access to on-demand and live D2L sessions. It allows convenient access anytime, anywhere. Additionally tiered training (beginner, intermediate, and advanced) is also available. How to Register Create a Brightspace Community account at https://community.brightspace.com/s/. Be sure to use your SSC email address […]
- Tips to Getting Started with D2LSetup your Content Modules How do you want to organize content for students? How will students find course materials, assignments, quizzes? Add materials to your Content Modules Upload/Create OR Existing Activities Build one module to get a feel for the process Setup Virtual Classroom Sessions
- Moving Course Content from Moodle to D2LIf you have course content in Moodle you would like to use in D2L it is no problem to import it. In Moodle: Backup your Moodle course and then download that file to your computer. In D2L: Go to Course Tools →Course Admin →Import/Export/Copy Components Select […]
- Moving Your Course Content from Course Shell to Course Shell in D2LGreat news! You do not need to recreate your course content every semester. It is easy to roll it over from a previous term. Go to Course Tools →Course Admin →Import/Export/Copy Components Choose “Copy Components from another Org Unit”and select “Search for offering” Type in your […]
- Pairing Pearson with D2LPairing Pearson MyLab, Mastering or Revel with D2L Brightspace provides a seamless experience for students. With a few clicks you are able to integrate your grade books and assignments like a pro. If you are using Inclusive Access you must add the Redshelf module to your […]
- Pairing D2L with McGraw Hill ConnectPairing your McGraw Hill Connect materials with D2L Brightspace provides a seamless experience for students. With a few clicks you are able to integrate your grade books and assignments like a pro. If you are using Inclusive Access you must add the Redshelf module to your […]
GCFLearnFree.org – GCFLearnFree.org creates and provides quality, innovative online learning opportunities to anyone who wants to improve the technology, literacy, and math skills needed to be successful in both work and life.
Microsoft eLearning – Online course offerings surrounding Microsoft technologies
Microsoft Office – Online course offerings surrounding Microsoft Office technologies
Technology Tidbits – Online repository to share technology with faculty and staff.
Technology Showcase – This site is a repository for all IT technology demonstrations, workshops, and sessions presented during Technology Advisory Committees, Technology Time sessions, In-Service Days, and TLC Workshops.
Moodle.org – Home to the open-source Learning Management System used by South Suburban College.
LinkedIn – Welcome to LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network with 200 million members in 200 countries and territories around the globe.
Pathbrite – Don’t be the crowd. Stand out from it. You are not your résumé. Or bubble tests. Or transcripts. Rather, you’re all these things combined and so much more. But how do you express all your unique qualities, experiences and abilities? Pathbrite Portfolios can help.
Twitter – Twitter is a real-time information network that connects you to the latest stories, ideas, opinions and news about what you find interesting. Simply find the accounts you find most compelling and follow the conversations.
Weebly – Weebly gives millions of people a surprisingly easy and affordable way to create a site that is as unique as they are. With a Weebly site, people can start their own business, communicate with their clients, showcase their achievements, and be an authority on personal and professional interests. Weebly gives everyone the freedom to start a site, blog or online store that works brilliantly across computers, phones and tablets. Offering a range of pricing options including a free plan and premium plans starting at $4/month, Weebly has everything you need to plan, build, publish and grow a site that meets your goals.
TED – TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design.
YouTube – Founded in February 2005, YouTube allows billions of people to discover, watch and share originally-created videos. YouTube provides a forum for people to connect, inform, and inspire others across the globe and acts as a distribution platform for original content creators and advertisers large and small.
American Management Association – For administrative support, business writing and presentation skills, and customer service.
Skillpath – Current seminars for supervisors.
SSC Library Website – The Library at South Suburban College is a central service area for books, periodicals, audiovisual materials, subscription databases, and online resources that support the classroom needs of the students, faculty, and staff as well as the research and informational needs of the community.