- Submitted/Incomplete Quizzes in D2LHere is how to check to see if students have completed and submitted a quiz. Scroll down to the students name. Under the Submission Column, select the question mark with red dot. Under Attempt, select ‘Attempt 1’ and a new window will come up: Where it […]
- Print Book Options for Cengage Unlimited, McGraw Hill and Pearson Inclusive Access (IA) CoursesCENGAGE UNLIMITED Did you know you can use a print copy of your Cengage Unlimited and Inclusive Access course materials? Students with a 12-month subscription to Cengage Unlimited are eligible to rent at up to eight FREE hardcopy textbooks by just paying $9.99 S&H each. MCGRAW […]
- Audio Issue in Bongo MeetingIt has come to our attention that sometimes students in the virtual classroom Bongo meeting sessions cannot hear the audio when an instructor is sharing a video in the screen share feature. Examples of these videos being shared are YouTube videos, or possibly web sites with […]
- Setting up Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)Multi-Factor Authentication is now required for SSC cloud-based services like Office 365, Teams, D2L Brightspace, and the VPN. What is MFA and why is it important? Multi-Factor Authentication enhances our cyber security by requiring users to identify themselves by more than a username and password (which […]
- Intelligent Agents in D2L BrightspaceWondering how to add some automation to your reminders to students in D2L Brightspace? Learn more about creating Intelligent Agents through this great TLC workshop on August 19, 2022 or through these step-by-step instructions.
- Checking Your Section Roster in SSC Self-ServiceAt the beginning of each semester, and at midterm are important times to verify your class list in D2L Brightspace and SSC Self-Service. Not sure how? Check out this step-by-step video.
- What’s New in D2L?D2L is a cloud-based learning management system that updates each month with new features and improvements. This page summarizes these monthly improvements to keep instructors up-to-date and provide information to improve course content. October, 2022 Pulse Mobile App To help improve the flexibility of push notification, […]
- What is Educause?Welcome to EDUCAUSE! Your organization has made an excellent decision by joining the largest community of IT leaders and professionals committed to advancing higher education—making you a member. As a member, EDUCAUSE can help you: • Predict, plan for, and act on the latest trends by […]
- Pairing D2L with McGraw Hill ConnectPairing your McGraw Hill Connect materials with D2L Brightspace provides a seamless experience for students. With a few clicks, you are able to integrate your grade books and assignments like a pro. Important Note: before pairing, check which internet browser you are using. It is recommended […]
- Introduction to Quality MattersWhat is Quality Matters? Quality Matters (QM), is an internationally recognized, standards-based program, which offers faculty quality assurance in online and hybrid course design with a focus on continuous improvement. The Quality Matters program is rubric-based. The 43 standards are specific to higher education, backed by […]
- Discussion Tags or @Mentions in D2L BrightspaceHave you ever wanted to re-share a discussion post with a student or follow up on a discussion point with your instructor? Discussion tags or @Mentions make this easy! Watch this video to learn more.
- 2023SP Faculty Semester GuideUpdated: August 8, 2022 Got questions? This page is full of resources to the questions folks are asking most frequently about 2022SU. Don’t forget to check for additional resources at https://tl.ssc.edu/ or email email@example.com for additional assistance. Things You Need to Know Before the Semester Begins […]
- D2L Course Copy – Copy Previous Course Content to a New Term Course ShellGreat news! You do not need to recreate your course content every semester. It is easy to roll it over from a previous term. In D2L, enter your current course. Go to Course Tools (or More) →Course Admin →Import/Export/Copy Components. Choose “Copy Components from another Org […]
- D2L Course Copy – Share Content with Another InstructorThere are times when instructors may want to share their course content with another instructor or create a backup of their course for future reference. This is done by exporting your D2L course as a Brightspace course package (zip). This package (zip) can then be shared […]
- Follett Book Adoption (Follette Discover)Follett Discover is a powerful online tool that transforms the course materials discovery and adoption process for faculty, and helps students obtain, organize and instantly access their required and recommended course materials from within your learning management system. Follett Discover Administrator role is designed to work […]
GCFLearnFree.org – GCFLearnFree.org creates and provides quality, innovative online learning opportunities to anyone who wants to improve the technology, literacy, and math skills needed to be successful in both work and life.
Microsoft eLearning – Online course offerings surrounding Microsoft technologies
Microsoft Office – Online course offerings surrounding Microsoft Office technologies
Technology Tidbits – Online repository to share technology with faculty and staff.
Technology Showcase – This site is a repository for all IT technology demonstrations, workshops, and sessions presented during Technology Advisory Committees, Technology Time sessions, In-Service Days, and TLC Workshops.
Moodle.org – Home to the open-source Learning Management System used by South Suburban College.
LinkedIn – Welcome to LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network with 200 million members in 200 countries and territories around the globe.
Pathbrite – Don’t be the crowd. Stand out from it. You are not your résumé. Or bubble tests. Or transcripts. Rather, you’re all these things combined and so much more. But how do you express all your unique qualities, experiences and abilities? Pathbrite Portfolios can help.
Twitter – Twitter is a real-time information network that connects you to the latest stories, ideas, opinions and news about what you find interesting. Simply find the accounts you find most compelling and follow the conversations.
Weebly – Weebly gives millions of people a surprisingly easy and affordable way to create a site that is as unique as they are. With a Weebly site, people can start their own business, communicate with their clients, showcase their achievements, and be an authority on personal and professional interests. Weebly gives everyone the freedom to start a site, blog or online store that works brilliantly across computers, phones and tablets. Offering a range of pricing options including a free plan and premium plans starting at $4/month, Weebly has everything you need to plan, build, publish and grow a site that meets your goals.
TED – TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design.
YouTube – Founded in February 2005, YouTube allows billions of people to discover, watch and share originally-created videos. YouTube provides a forum for people to connect, inform, and inspire others across the globe and acts as a distribution platform for original content creators and advertisers large and small.
American Management Association – For administrative support, business writing and presentation skills, and customer service.
Skillpath – Current seminars for supervisors.
SSC Library Website – The Library at South Suburban College is a central service area for books, periodicals, audiovisual materials, subscription databases, and online resources that support the classroom needs of the students, faculty, and staff as well as the research and informational needs of the community.