- Dual Delivery Student Engagement – Strategies and ExamplesWelcome to the Dual Delivery Student Engagement Strategy and Examples blog. The Teaching and Learning staff at South Suburban College will provide strategies and examples to assist faculty in teaching in a dual delivery format. Check back often for updates as we plan to add creative […]
- Bongo Virtual Classroom – Large Gallery View (display 25 student cameras at once)Bongo recently introduced a new feature in their virtual classroom platform that increases the number of student cameras that can be displayed at one time. The Large Gallery view can be found under settings and can be utilized by both the instructor and student to customize […]
- Join Bongo Virtual Classroom using an iPad or iPhoneStudent’s may receive an error when trying to join their Bongo Virtual Classroom using an iPad or iPhone. However, this can be rectified by following these four simple steps: Step 1: Make Certain your iPad or iPhone’s operating system is up to date On your iPad […]
- Using Respondus Lockdown Browser with a Pearson MyLab courseSouth Suburban College has an institutional license for Respondus Lockdown Browser. Students should never have to pay any fees associated with Respondus Lockdown Browser. If using a MyPearson lab course, instructors will have to complete an additional step to avoid students paying a fee. It’s a […]
- Release an Assignment or Quiz to a Particular Section of StudentsWhen teaching a combined section course, there may be times when an instructor would like to release an assignment or quiz to a particular section of students. Releasing assignments and quizzes to sections have slightly different directions which are referenced below: Assignment – Release an assignment […]
- Learn More About Our New BookstoreLearn more about our new Follett Bookstore by visiting www.sscbookstore.com, and check out the Follett Faculty Welcome slide deck! For more help contact Kevin Sandstrom or Nathan Sutherlin.
- Scheduling a Meeting and Launching BongoSetting up a meeting: 1. Click on Virtual Classroom in the header of your D2L course home screen. 2. Click on the Plus sign located in the lower right corner of the screen. 3. This brings up a new window where you will enter your meeting information. […]
- Release an Assignment or Quiz to Student GroupsThere may be times when an instructor would like to release a quiz to a particular group of students. For example, an instructor may have a group project as part of an assignment and would like to release an assignment or quiz to just that particular […]
- 2021FA Faculty Semester GuideUpdated: August 13, 2021 Got questions? This page is full of resources to the questions folks are asking most frequently about 2021FA. Don’t forget to check for additional resources at https://tl.ssc.edu/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance. Things You Need to Know Before the Semester Begins […]
- Getting Started with Simulcast/Dual Delivery and/or Lecture CaptureUpdated: August 4, 2021 Classrooms upgraded for simulcast delivery include a webcam, a second Epson projector, and a projection screen. The second projector and screen (located in the back of the room) can be used to view your virtual classroom students. Virtual classroom students will be […]
- Getting Started with the Promethean Titanium ActivPanelUpdated: August 4, 2021 Need help getting to know your new Promethean Titanium ActivPanel? Here are some great resources and tips! Visit https://learn.prometheanworld.com/us/ for more instructor training directly from Promethean! The following classes are currently equipped with Promethean ActivPanel: 1137, 3127, 4123, 4127, 4151, 4153, 4163, […]
- How to Release Final Calculated Grade to StudentsIf your students report that they cannot see their total points in the gradebook in D2L, this usually means that their final calculated grade has not been released. There are two ways to fix this issue and release their grades. See the following document for a […]
- ILCCO Resources for EducatorsBack in February, the Illinois Community Colleges Online (ILCCO) organization hosted a virtual conference on the topic of online learning. There were a number of interesting sessions and I wanted to share the link to their resource page for those who might be interested. The page […]
- Passwords – Changing and Recovering Your Student PasswordSteps for Students to change, and in the future recover, their password: Using your existing Username and Password log into the Password Self-Service Portal –> https://madvad01.ssc.edu:9002/authorization.do Accept the short user disclaimer by clicking the I agree checkbox and then clicking Accept: Select three (3) security questions […]
- Creative Ways to Communicate with StudentsFaculty Roundtable: Communicating with Students – March 18, 2021
GCFLearnFree.org – GCFLearnFree.org creates and provides quality, innovative online learning opportunities to anyone who wants to improve the technology, literacy, and math skills needed to be successful in both work and life.
Microsoft eLearning – Online course offerings surrounding Microsoft technologies
Microsoft Office – Online course offerings surrounding Microsoft Office technologies
Technology Tidbits – Online repository to share technology with faculty and staff.
Technology Showcase – This site is a repository for all IT technology demonstrations, workshops, and sessions presented during Technology Advisory Committees, Technology Time sessions, In-Service Days, and TLC Workshops.
Moodle.org – Home to the open-source Learning Management System used by South Suburban College.
LinkedIn – Welcome to LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network with 200 million members in 200 countries and territories around the globe.
Pathbrite – Don’t be the crowd. Stand out from it. You are not your résumé. Or bubble tests. Or transcripts. Rather, you’re all these things combined and so much more. But how do you express all your unique qualities, experiences and abilities? Pathbrite Portfolios can help.
Twitter – Twitter is a real-time information network that connects you to the latest stories, ideas, opinions and news about what you find interesting. Simply find the accounts you find most compelling and follow the conversations.
Weebly – Weebly gives millions of people a surprisingly easy and affordable way to create a site that is as unique as they are. With a Weebly site, people can start their own business, communicate with their clients, showcase their achievements, and be an authority on personal and professional interests. Weebly gives everyone the freedom to start a site, blog or online store that works brilliantly across computers, phones and tablets. Offering a range of pricing options including a free plan and premium plans starting at $4/month, Weebly has everything you need to plan, build, publish and grow a site that meets your goals.
TED – TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design.
YouTube – Founded in February 2005, YouTube allows billions of people to discover, watch and share originally-created videos. YouTube provides a forum for people to connect, inform, and inspire others across the globe and acts as a distribution platform for original content creators and advertisers large and small.
American Management Association – For administrative support, business writing and presentation skills, and customer service.
Skillpath – Current seminars for supervisors.
SSC Library Website – The Library at South Suburban College is a central service area for books, periodicals, audiovisual materials, subscription databases, and online resources that support the classroom needs of the students, faculty, and staff as well as the research and informational needs of the community.