- Passwords – Changing and Recovering Your Student PasswordSteps for Students to change, and in the future recover, their password: Using your existing Username and Password log into the Password Self-Service Portal –> https://madvad01.ssc.edu:9002/authorization.do Accept the short user disclaimer by clicking the I agree checkbox and then clicking Accept: Select three (3) security questions […]
- Creative Ways to Communicate with StudentsFaculty Roundtable: Communicating with Students – March 18, 2021
- Best Practices for Basic D2L ContentLearn more not just about what you are required to post in your course, but best practices for getting started with content in D2L. Slide Deck TLC Workshop – March 16, 2021
- Reviewing Department Budgets through SSC Self-ServicesSTEP ONE: Login to SSC Self-Service. Select “Financial Management” from the main menu. STEP TWO: Select “Budget to Actuals” STEP THREE: Choose either “Bar Graph” or “List” view and the “Year” you would like to display across the top of the page. STEP FOUR: Select “Apply […]
- D2L: Creating Grade ItemsThe following link will take you to the Brightspace Help section that details how to create grade items in your gradebook. Hopefully you will find this a useful resource when working with your own gradebook. https://documentation.brightspace.com/EN/le/grades/instructor/creating_grade_items.htm?Highlight=pass%20fail%20grade%20items
- Changing your grade scheme in D2LAre you using a grade scheme other than the traditional 90/80/70% scale commonly used? If so, check out this short tutorial from Brightspace on how to set up your own grading scheme.
- Chat with D2L Technical SupportTo chat with D2L Technical Support 24/7 login to our D2L Brightspace environment at https://d2l.ssc.edu. From your desktop click on the “Got Questions” widget in the upper right hand corner of the main landing page. Click on “Chat with Support” in the lower right-hand side. If […]
- Incomplete GradesIf you have a student that needs access to your course from a previous semester, please contact SSC Online with the course, section and student information. Ask that the role of “Incomplete Student” be assigned to the student for that particular course. If you had dates […]
- Deleting VoicemailsEach voicemail box in the college has a size limit and once that is reached, callers will no longer be able to leave a message. Voicemails can be deleted in several different ways. By signing into your voicemail on your desk phone and deleting all unwanted […]
- SSC Speed Test ServerThis test is only available from off campus, but is available for all employees and students. A server has been setup on campus to test you can use to test your connect to from home to determine the quality of your Internet connection to access D2L, […]
- Troubleshooting Student Access with Pearson ProductsIf you haven’t yet purchased your access code you can use the 14 Day Free Access option when you register with Pearson. Be sure you are using Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your web browser. Be sure to clear your cache: https://support.pearson.com/getsupport/s/article/Deleting-Browser-Cached-Files-and-Cookies Still having trouble? Open […]
- Creating a Small Bongo MeetingTips for creating a Bongo meeting for an individual student or small group.
- Information for Dual Credit InstructorsWe will be using D2L Brightspace this semester as our learning management system (LMS). We will no longer being using Moodle. Links to D2L Brightspace, Office 365, SSC Self-Service, and Employee email are available in the footer of every www.ssc.edu webpage under the Self-Service heading. You […]
- Cross-listed Courses in D2LSeeing triple or more? When a course that is cross-listed in Colleague is batched to D2L at least three shells are created. One shell for each of the individual courses (ART-130-003 and then ART-E77-703) and one shell with the courses combined (ART-130-003, ART-E77-703). This process allows […]
- Using Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor to Proctor AssessmentsA fully automated proctoring solution integrated with D2L that uses a student’s webcam to record and analyze student exam sessions. Overview Video / What is Respondus? Preparing an Exam for Use with Lockdown Browswer & Respondus Monitor Join Kimberly Marks as she walks us through the […]
GCFLearnFree.org – GCFLearnFree.org creates and provides quality, innovative online learning opportunities to anyone who wants to improve the technology, literacy, and math skills needed to be successful in both work and life.
Microsoft eLearning – Online course offerings surrounding Microsoft technologies
Microsoft Office – Online course offerings surrounding Microsoft Office technologies
Technology Tidbits – Online repository to share technology with faculty and staff.
Technology Showcase – This site is a repository for all IT technology demonstrations, workshops, and sessions presented during Technology Advisory Committees, Technology Time sessions, In-Service Days, and TLC Workshops.
Moodle.org – Home to the open-source Learning Management System used by South Suburban College.
LinkedIn – Welcome to LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network with 200 million members in 200 countries and territories around the globe.
Pathbrite – Don’t be the crowd. Stand out from it. You are not your résumé. Or bubble tests. Or transcripts. Rather, you’re all these things combined and so much more. But how do you express all your unique qualities, experiences and abilities? Pathbrite Portfolios can help.
Twitter – Twitter is a real-time information network that connects you to the latest stories, ideas, opinions and news about what you find interesting. Simply find the accounts you find most compelling and follow the conversations.
Weebly – Weebly gives millions of people a surprisingly easy and affordable way to create a site that is as unique as they are. With a Weebly site, people can start their own business, communicate with their clients, showcase their achievements, and be an authority on personal and professional interests. Weebly gives everyone the freedom to start a site, blog or online store that works brilliantly across computers, phones and tablets. Offering a range of pricing options including a free plan and premium plans starting at $4/month, Weebly has everything you need to plan, build, publish and grow a site that meets your goals.
TED – TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design.
YouTube – Founded in February 2005, YouTube allows billions of people to discover, watch and share originally-created videos. YouTube provides a forum for people to connect, inform, and inspire others across the globe and acts as a distribution platform for original content creators and advertisers large and small.
American Management Association – For administrative support, business writing and presentation skills, and customer service.
Skillpath – Current seminars for supervisors.
SSC Library Website – The Library at South Suburban College is a central service area for books, periodicals, audiovisual materials, subscription databases, and online resources that support the classroom needs of the students, faculty, and staff as well as the research and informational needs of the community.