Learn more not just about what you are required to post in your course, but best practices for getting started with content in D2L.
TLC Workshop – March 16, 2021
- Setup your Content Modules
- How do you want to organize content for students?
- How will students find course materials, assignments, quizzes?
- Add materials to your Content Modules
- Upload/Create OR Existing Activities
- Build one module to get a feel for the process
- Setup Virtual Classroom Sessions
If you have course content in Moodle you would like to use in D2L it is no problem to import it.
- In Moodle: Backup your Moodle course and then download that file to your computer.
- In D2L: Go to Course Tools →Course Admin →Import/Export/Copy Components
- Select “Import Components”and choose “from a course package”
- Upload the Moodle backup file and then click “Import all Components”
- You will need to go through the content and other materials once imported to clean up the structure and to ensure things came across OK. We’ve noticed issues with the following Moodle items not transferring properly to D2L (Labels, Multi-select question types and matching question types)
- Verify imported content in D2L and adjust as needed.
Great news! You do not need to recreate your course content every semester. It is easy to roll it over from a previous term.
- Go to Course Tools →Course Admin →Import/Export/Copy Components
- Choose “Copy Components from another Org Unit”and select “Search for offering”
- Type in your course ID (for example: BIO) and hit enter
- From the search list chose the course you want to copy 5.Click “Copy All Components”