D2L is a cloud-based learning management system that updates each month with new features and improvements. This page summarizes these monthly improvements to keep instructors up-to-date and provide information to improve course content.
- Under the advanced editing option on any video uploaded to D2L, there is now an optimize for streaming button.
D2L Pulse Mobile App
- Brightspace Pulse users can now use @mention push notifications. Originally, @mentions came through the LMS but were only visible if the user opened Pulse and viewed their Subscriptions tab under Notifications. Now, the new functionality sends a push notification to the user when they are @mentioned.
- Updates and subscriptions in the Pulse App are now aligned to show the same items as the Alert Bell in D2L.
- The Create Agent page has a new modernized user interface.
- Subject line of intelligent agent emails now supports 128 characters.
- Course announcements now have a copy feature.
- A streaming media library is now available for D2L courses. New videos posted to a D2L course will be placed in this streaming media library. Videos previous uploaded to D2L will not be automatically transferred to this new media library, so instructors will have to manually transfer.
Workflow improvements for Media
- When creating new video and audio, instructors no longer must wait for the uploaded media file to process. While the media file remains unavailable during processing, instructors can navigate away to work on other tasks. When processing is complete, instructor will be notified.
Content – Print and Download Buttons
- The Print and Download buttons are now better positioned when viewing content within a module.
- Table of Contents: Instructors can apply meaningful segments to larger videos.
- Audio Generated Closed Caption: Instructors can select language, with the ability to edit.
- Video Editing: Minor video editing is available – Seek, Mark and Cut.
How to implement?
- Within a module in your course, select Upload/Create, then Video and Audio.
- Video will take a few minutes to process after uploading.
- Select Advance Settings after the video uploads to gain access to these new features.
- See Full Directions (SSC uses Classic Content).