Instructors, what do you do when a student provides you with an accommodation password from the Services for Students with Disabilities office?
Join Davina Davis, Manager of Services for Students with Disabilities (SSDO), in partnership with the Teaching and Learning Center, as she walks you through the process.
This virtual workshop will cover the following important topics:
- What is an accommodation password and what is expected of the instructor.
- Compliance issue and legal responsibilities (federal and state laws).
- How to assist students that may need extra support during class time (service animals in the classroom or pregnant and lactating students, just to name a few).
- Where to find test proctoring and other services offered by the SSDO.
- Active Learning: test your knowledge by completing “What Would You Do” scenarios with other faculty.
Make sure to register for this virtual workshop so that you can best service our students.