- This event has passed.
Flex Course Delivery Training (Hands-on Training in Room 3127)
August 24 @ 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Many courses at SSC are considered flex delivery courses. Flex delivery refers to students choosing to attend a course in-person in a physical classroom or virtually using the virtual classroom option in D2L. It’s their choice and they can switch up which way they want to attend each week.
However, instructors are always in the physical classroom. That means, instructors must set up their class to be delivered in both formats. This includes using the classroom equipment and the virtual classroom tool in D2L for those virtual students.
Join the Teaching and Learning Center for this hands-on training where we will demonstrate the technical aspects of running and managing a flex delivery classroom.
In this live training, we’ll cover:
- Within the classroom, logging into the computer and turning on the front and back projectors.
- Scheduling virtual classroom sessions for all your class times for the term.
- Launching a virtual classroom meeting, selecting the classroom camera and microphone and discovering ways to verify your settings.
- Using the camera remote so that virtual students have an equal experience to that of the in-person students.
- Best practices of using the virtual classroom tools will also be discussed which include sharing your in-class screen so that virtual students can see clearly, using the large gallery view so you can see all your virtual students, recording your meetings so that all students can view later…and much more.
Due to limited seating, please register by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email confirmation.
This hands-on training will be held in room 3127.