[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_gallery admin_label=”Service Learning 2017SP Gallery” gallery_ids=”439,440,441,442″ fullwidth=”on” orientation=”landscape” show_title_and_caption=”on” show_pagination=”on” background_layout=”light” auto=”on” auto_speed=”4000″ hover_overlay_color=”rgba(255,255,255,0.9)” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” /][et_pb_text background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial”]
How can your students participate in these exciting projects and receive Service Learning credits in their student file?
Get started today!
Decide if Service Learning will be a) required part of your course curriculum, or b) if you will offer it as a means for students to augment their learning for extra credit or c) you will make students aware of Service Learning for their personal development as a volunteer in their community, but offering no credit towards academic learning.
- Choose the Service Learning project(s) that you want to encourage students to experience. [The list is emailed to faculty each month.]
- To sign up students, have them fill out the Service Learning Form A and Form B.
- Submit the completed form in Room 3440.
- The student participates in the project and records the time you volunteered on the Volunteer Hours Report. The site supervisor will sign it by the end of the project, if possible.
- Submit the Volunteer Hours Report in Room 3440.
- Got questions? Contact the Service Learning Coordinator, Prof. Collier, MCollier@ssc.edu or call SSC extension 2664.