- This event has passed.
Virtual Office Hours: Use Teams for Office Hours with your Students (Online Webinar)
February 28 @ 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Office hours are not only for students who may be struggling with their coursework. Office hours can also provide an opportunity for students to check-in with their instructor on a one-to-one basis and ask any questions they may have about an assignment or content within a course. This student to faculty interaction is the foundation to effective teaching and learning.
South Suburban College provides all instructors and staff access to a suite of Microsoft applications (a/k/a Office 365) which includes Microsoft Teams – a virtual meeting application. It has similar functionality to other virtual meeting platforms, such as Zoom.
Join the Teaching and Learning Center as we showcase:
- Two ways of scheduling a Teams meeting: Within SSC Outlook application (email) or within a devoted Teams area
- Sharing meeting link information with your students by posting to D2L.
- Common functionality of Teams, such as screen sharing, live chat, file sharing and optional live captioning of the discussion.
- Obtaining the attendance report of those students who attended the office hours session.
- Helpful tips to follow privacy laws (FERPA) when meeting with students in a virtual environment.
Need a low-tech way of meeting with students? We’ll also cover ways of using the D2L Chat feature to schedule chat only office hours. This chat feature does not include video or voice – text only.
Registration: This training webinar will be using Teams. Email: email@example.com if you’d like to attend. We’ll send you the Teams meeting link prior to the webinar.