- This event has passed.
D2L – Teaching Today: Reimagined (Vendor Webinar)
October 20 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Faculty burnout is a tale as old as time. It remains a challenge that sits at the core of many, if not all institutions; and one which was only further exacerbated throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Institutions acted quickly to meet the needs of their students–but what of the needs of their faculty and staff?
As we continue forward, we must consider our institutions through a holistic lens and ask how best we can ensure equitable and inclusive care for all faculty and staff. What actionable practices can we engage in to evoke institutional transformation and begin viewing faculty care and development as iterative and continually developing?
Join Ken Bain, President at Best Teachers Institute, and former founder of teaching centers at Vanderbilt, Northwestern, NYU, and Montclair State; Dr. Angela Gunder, Chief Academic Officer at the Online Learning Consortium; and Crystal Mallner, Associate Dean of the Online College at Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College for a powerful conversation around better supporting faculty to future proof your institution. We’ll dive into topics such as:
- Institutional transformation through equitable digital learning
- Faculty development as a constant, non-negotiable pillar of any institution
- Community as an intentional and powerful form of professional development
Dr. Cristi Ford, Vice President of Academic Affairs at D2L
- Dr. Ken Bain, President at Best Teachers Institute and former founder of teaching centers at Vanderbilt, Northwestern, NYU, and Montclair State
- Dr. Angela Gunder, Chief Academic Officer at the Online Learning Consortium
- Crystal Mallner, Associate Dean of the Online College at Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College