- This event has passed.
D2L Accessibility Academy – (Online Webinar) (.25 PGU)
February 17 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Are you motivated to include accessibility best practices in your D2L courses? Join the Teaching and Learning Center as we introduce D2L’s new Accessibility Academy. Within the Accessibility Academy, instructors can become familiar with:
- Supporting Students with Low Vision: assist instructors in understanding what low vision is, how people with low vision use assistive tools, and how to design accessible content within D2L for them.
- Online Accessibility Lab: best practices when dealing with sensory, physical, and cognitive restraints and tools/strategies that help overcome them.
- Supporting Screen Reader Users: understand the needs of students who use screen readers due to total or partial blindness and ways to create accessibility course material for them.
- Accessibility for Virtual Presentations – identify various accessibility factors when designing a presentation to present to your students. These include the best practices of using structure, text size, color, images, video, tables and charts in your presentations.
- Video Note Workflows: use D2L’s internal Video Note within D2L Announcements, Discussions and Assignment Feedback. Videos recorded using D2L Video Note can include automatic closed captioning.
- Accessibility of Written Communications: identify alternative (ALT) text and descriptive hyperlinks when using text anywhere in D2L and ways to use Brightspace’s Accessibility Checker.
Registration: This training webinar will be using Teams. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to attend. We’ll send you the Teams meeting link prior to the webinar.